Friday, July 26, 2013

In Which I Ride a Subway for the First Time

Just so everyone knows, we're in Japan right now. We're in our hotel in Kyoto and I'm pretty dang convinced this trip is going to be awesome! We made it here well, managing to handle everything concerning planes and trains and subways pretty well. Plus, when the train showed up, I had to drop my Big Bang Theory quote: "You have to say it like this: 'We're taking the train!'" Also, I got to go on a subway, which was pretty cool. I've decided that I like the subway. Tomorrow we'll be hitting the biggest sight seeing district in Kyoto and going to like a bazillion temples and shrines and a park maybe? I can't remember for sure, but it's going to be sweet. Also, our hotel is a fifteen minute walk from the old imperial palace! This budding historian/future history teacher who thoroughly enjoyed his Japanese history class will definitely be checking that one out. At any rate, I think that's about all I have to say at the moment. I think I might be going a little crazy with this blog again, but you know? I'm cool with that. It's up to you if you read it or not, right? And there must be at least one person out there who wants a full play-by-play of our lives overseas. I'm sure. So, now I need to get ready to be a supertourist tomorrow morning. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment