Sunday, September 22, 2013

In Which We See Some Neat Things

So, I don't have a lot to say about this, I just want to put up the pictures of our olle trail hike we did on Saturday. I actually have a few stories from our trip to Seoul now that are more interesting, but I managed to grab some sweet pictures when we hiked that olle trail, so I want to write a post about them. I'll make this one good, too, though, because I'm awesome like that. At any rate, Wednesday was the first day of our vacation. We weren't flying out for Seoul until Thursday morning, because flights on Wednesday were too expensive. So, we went hiking! I've wanted to do more of these olle trails for a while. They are a network of trails that are there to let you see the different things on the island, and it's pretty fun. They hit all of the major landmarks and also go through neighborhoods and everything else. This one was trail 17, and it goes right through Jeju City. I figured we'd start with the closest one. This one had a lot of neat things along it, including running right along the edge of a canyon that definitely has some technical stuff in it. It also went up a hill right next to the airport, so we could watch the planes landing and taking off, as well as giving us some great views of Hallasan. It was an unusually clear day, so the views were excellent. At any rate, here are the pictures:

Canyon! The ledge in front of me is definitely a rappel.

Flowers on the bridge.

Signpost! Olle trails are very well-marked.

More canyon!


Downclimb

This puppy sneaked up on us after we walked by his house. Nancy really liked him. He was really cute.


The safety signs are funny here. But then, I guess they warn you a little better than impersonal stick figures.

Ocean!

Looking up river. the big mountain in the background is Hallasan.


I was thoroughly pleased with how this photo turned out.

Wind surfers at Iho Beach. Pretty awesome! I'd totally like to give that a try, though I'm fairly certain that I'd suck at it.
Plane coming in for a landing.


Looking across toward Iho Beach. There was even a kite surfer out there and I thought I got a picture of him but I can't find it.
Found it! He was doing all sorts of cool jumps out there. 


Fish bridge!

Cool observation platform looking out over the ocean. Usually there's a huge bank of clouds about a mile out from the coast, but today you could see all the way to the horizon.

Plane taking off!

Cropped shot of the plane taking off. It was fun being so close to the airport.

Ocean!

Jeju City in the shadow of Hallasan.

Notice how my hair is getting long enough to develop fantastic wings.

Sun reflecting off the ocean.
So, overall it was a pretty good hike! I we caught a bus before we got to the very end of the trail, but we figure we'll go back and finish it some morning before school. At any rate, that's about all I've got for this post. I'll get up the post about Seoul soon. This is Captain Danger out.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, beautiful people! I'm glad you guys are having fun. Long hair is cool.

    ReplyDelete