Wednesday, January 22, 2014

In Which I Give an Update

So, really I just wanted to write on here a little bit. The update that I want to give the most is that I'm pleased to report that my novel that I've been working on for several months has made it to 22,000 words. I realize that's not a lot of progress, but as I'm only doing it in my spare time at work, I think it's pretty good. I have the whole story outlined, and I'm not even halfway done yet, so it will definitely count as a novel-length piece when I'm finished with it. If you'd like to read a chapter of it, you can find it here. I like my idea, and while I'm not sure if it's that original and if people would like it, it's fun to write. I like that I'm making up my own story, and I really like how the characters and the story really seem to come to life for me and take on a life of their own when I'm writing. So, if you'd like to read something set in a world that's only slightly more advanced than ours and includes magic and monks, go ahead and read what I've posted, and look for the finished book (probably not published) at some point in the future.

In other news, I ran about 3.38 miles this morning. It was fantastic. It's crazy how I used to hate running and now I legitimately enjoy it. I think I may have found my new favorite route here in the city. Well, it's actually not in the city for the most part, because I go on trails in the Halla Arboretum for a good chunk of it. Parts of the run have excellent views out over the city and down to the ocean, too. I finished this one in just under 31 minutes, which means I could definitely do a 5k in under 30, which is good to know. At least I'm not as slow as I was at the beginning of cross country season in my senior year of high school. I used to think that that was a good thing to measure myself against, but I just realized that that's now more that 10 years ago, and so it may not be the best thing. I'll have to find another measuring stick.

At any rate, I think that's about all I have to say at this point. I'm hoping for a good adventure with some pictures this weekend. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment