Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In Which We Eat Some Questionable Soup

So, this will be a short post. I have a longer post in the works about how I may have broken my pinkie toe and how I got a really really big blister, but not now. Now, I just want to share a quick anecdote. It may not even be that. At any rate, back when we went to Busan, Nancy's friend took us out to lunch and we got pork backbone soup, which is also known as haejangguk, or sometimes hangover soup, because it apparently helps you get over a hangover, I guess. Anyway, since then we have been wanting to have some. We eventually found a place that said that they sold haejangguk, so we went there to try it out, because I'll tell you what, that soup we had in Busan was awesome. I'm pretty sure I said that in that post. At any rate, we went to the place tonight. It had soup, but there was not pork backbone in it. What it did have in it was what we were pretty certain was blood tofu. So, there's the story of the night. I ate what I'm pretty sure is chunks of coagulated blood in my soup tonight, and aside from the fact that it was a little bit spicier than I generally like, it was quite good. I guess that means that I've adapted pretty well to Korean food, because I'm pretty sure I would have avoided that when we first got here. At any rate, that's all I've got for this post. I'll post about our most recent outing soon. Maybe tomorrow. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment