Monday, May 26, 2014

In Which We Climb Some Rocks

So we finally got out our rock climbing gear again this last Saturday. It's been a while. We actually tried to go a few weeks ago, only to discover that the old climbing wall that was downtown no longer exists. That being the case, we headed out to a place that we were turned on to by a guy on Facebook. It's actually up in the Bangseonmun Valley, right at the spot where I rappelled in fact. They call it Squirrel Cave, and it looks like it has some pretty difficult routes in it. Us being the only moderate to crappy climbers (crappy being me, as I've had broken appendages most of the time when it was time to practice) we went to a 5.7ish crack that the guy on Facebook had also told us about. It turned out to be really fun. I set up a top rope and rappelled down, clearing out all of the mini spiders on my way so climbing wasn't so nerve-racking. There was a cool spot near the top where there weren't really any great footholds and you had to drag yourself up with mostly your arm strength, which made me feel pretty awesome. Here are the pictures we took while we were climbing:

Nancy taking a rest and chalking up


Pretty awesome setting.



After climbing we headed down to Iho Beach for a nice relaxing time. Of course, right as we got there, it got overcast and cooler. I made sure to go swimming anyway, just to spite the weather. Here's a picture to prove it.

And you know that's me, because there's no other fat white guys around here who would go shirtless so unabashedly.
I haven't gotten to it yet, and you may have seen the pictures on Facebook already, but last week our coworker, Paul, took some photos for us. He's a professional photographer and would like it to be full-time when he goes back to South Africa, and he offered to give us a photo shoot to expand his portfolio. I've been called a lot of things, but camera-shy is not one of them. We took him up on it, and he and his wife took our pictures last Saturday. I have to say, he did an awesome job. If you're ever in South Africa and you need some pictures, check out Paul du Toit Fotografie. At any rate, here are some of the pictures he took. A lot of them look like engagement photos, but I'd guess that most couple photos look like engagement photos.















I think this one makes my butt look big, but it's cool.




We moved down to take some pictures at Iho Beach at sunset.


This one is awesome.



Classic Korean poses.


Having fun with the remote flashes.


Oh, and also wearing our couple shirts.

This is by far my favorite. It was supposed to be us showing off our shirts. But,
I got a little excited, and it turned out AWESOME!



Just a few minutes before I finished writing this post, I carried Nancy up the hill to
our apartment like this.


Great time, great photo shoot. For payment, we showed them our favorite noodle restaurant, which now, a week later, they have gone back to at least twice. Anyway, I'll make an end for this post. We did some pretty cool stuff today, but I'll write a post about that in a day or so. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment